Walter Bright wrote:
Sean Kelly wrote:
The problem I ran into is that the audio is mixed with the music about the same volume as the voices, and it almost seems like they applied so effects to the voice audio to make it sound more like they were talking in a big metal room. In any case, I always had trouble hearing dialog clearly in that show, and often messed with the audio settings on my TV to boost that frequency range in hopes of hearing it better. That's what I get for not wearing ear plugs all those years I spent at loud concerts, I suppose.

I've been having increasing problems understanding TV dialog, too. It sounds like they're mumbling their lines.

It's a conspiracy. You need to turn the volume up to understand, and meanwhile the entire house hears the bangs and shots, and everybody has to come and see. Same with commercials (at least around here) they got the nice idea to send commercials a lot louder than the program, so everybody in the building (including your freaking neighbors) has to hear what detergent to buy. #...@%!@#!!! I'd say that's harrassment and trespassing.

Check out any movie from the fifties, and all of a sudden you aren't old anymore: you can actually hear what they say. Without burning the amp or your nerves!

I've actually thought of buying a 5.1 sound system, for the sole purpose of turning everything else down, except the dialog speaker. (The one on top of the TV.) But I've been too lazy to go to a store and test if it actually would work. Does anybody know?

@#...@$#!!! And they used to have this logo screen between commercials and programming, but now they've got rid of it, so when I watch a movie, I literally have to have the remote in my hand so I can be ready to cut the volume before everybody wakes up. Technology advances indeed.