Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
It took me a couple of minutes to write under her eyes a script that downloaded HTML, scraped the code for links, followed those of interest, and output a concatenation of all pages she was interested in, with details highlighted, that was loadable back in the browser. I'd show her one iteration, get feedback, and get the next iteration within seconds. All without "coding" in any sense as regularly understood by Windows programmers.

I have no idea how to do that under unix. I obviously have not learned anywhere near enough about it.