Frits van Bommel wrote:
Kagamin wrote:
<snip>
Such mood was always in the spec: "AlignAttribute is ignored when applied to declarations that are not structs or struct members".

I never saw that before. So it doesn't work for class members?

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/class.html
"The D compiler is free to rearrange the order of fields in a class to optimally pack them in an implementation-defined manner. Consider the fields much like the local variables in a function - the compiler assigns some to registers and shuffles others around all to get the optimal stack frame layout. This frees the code designer to organize the fields in a manner that makes the code more readable rather than being forced to organize it according to machine optimization rules. Explicit control of field layout is provided by struct/union types, not classes."

And it won't change the alignment of unions if applied to union members (by changing the maximum alignment of the members)?

I'm not sure what you mean....

But there seem to be a few issues with the behaviour of align. I'll have to investigate....

Stewart.