Rainer Deyke wrote:
Christopher Wright wrote:
Rainer Deyke wrote:
Don't forget:
 + Supports timely destruction of contents (i.e. RAII).
These are collections. RAII doesn't matter when you have a garbage
collector and the only resource you have is memory, unless you're quite
strapped for memory.

It also doesn't matter if the resource deallocation pixie deallocates
all my non-memory resources the moment they are no longer being used,
which is about as likely as only having memory resources in arrays.

Which requires the container to know to delete everything that it references when it dies. If it is dealing with reference types, that is not the correct behavior. It seems awkward to me to deal with value types with destructors, but it makes sense for reference counting.