Fractal wrote:
>> That's debatable.  The hateful thing about namespaces is that they give
>> you absolutely ZERO clue as to where any particular thing is coming from.
>>
>> If I see "tango.io.device.File", I know exactly where the source for
>> that module is.
>>
>>   -- Daniel
>
> Yes it is true. But the thing is not "where is it". The thing that i want to
> remark is "what long".
>
> If you use a namespace, you can write many big classes in separate files
> without problem, and also, with the same namespace. (and also allowing
> separate a multiplatform class in different files, for each one).

public import and mixin.

> With modules you are limited in a single file. And it will grow potentially
> with multiplatform code, and makes hard to find a error or line...
> Added to it, the amout of version statements.

public import and mixin.

> Also Namespaces can use upper case characters... documentation indicates that
> package and module names should be written all in lower case.

Oh what rubbish.  You can use whatever case you please.

> A good point for modules is the permisson to access private or protected
> members of types declared in the same module or package, without the "friend"
> keyword anywhere.
> In namespaces, it can be done by sharing access to all namespace types.
>
> Really module, packages, and namespaces are the same thing. The unique thing
> that i want, is the possibility of use many files as one (for modules)

But you see, this would break bud, rebuild, etc.  I'm pretty sure that
if you somehow convinced Walter to do this, you would have a lot of VERY
angry people coming after you for completely breaking their build tools.

I know I would be.  I'm not going back to Make!  You can't make me!
Viva la laziness!

  -- Daniel