On 03/11/2012 21:29, bearophile wrote:
Faux Amis:

Care to elaborate on that?

They share most of the problems of global variables. While not evil,
it's better to avoid module-level mutables. This makes the code more
testable, simpler to understand, less bug prone, and makes functions
more usable for other purposes. In D there the attribute "pure" is
present also to enforce such better coding style.

Bye,
bearophile

I failed to mention that I am mostly talking about private module scope variables. I don't see how private module scoped vars make for less testable, readable or more bug prone code.