On 2012-11-08 04:34, Marco Leise wrote:

Which features are that? It would likely require a major
rewrite of many routines. Who would want to go through all
that and the following wave of bugs - some of which may have
already occurred in the past.

foreach and scope(...) lowerings are essentially AST
operations. Are there other D features you would implement as
AST processing, maybe a link to an earlier post ?

"synchronized" is another that I think would be easy to do with AST macros. Perhaps "with". It's probably not worth replacing existing language features with macros just for the sake of it. But for future features AST macros could perhaps be used instead.

How close is Rust currently to offering flexible AST
manipulation for lowerings/attributes/macros, does anyone
know ?

I have no idea. I haven't looked at Rust in this area.

--
/Jacob Carlborg