On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:21:06 -0000, Martin Drasar <dra...@ics.muni.cz> wrote:

On 13.11.2012 12:41, Regan Heath wrote:
Hi Regan,

rdmd --eval="import std.file;" --main

Environment: DMD32 D Compiler v2.060, Windows 7 Pro 32bit

I get no errors, in fact I get no output at all from that command line.

Environment: DMD32 D Compiler v2.060, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Hmm,

that is might strange. I have just downloaded D installer from the
website, installed it on Windows 7 Pro 64bit and ran the command and
this is what I got:

std.cpuid has been deprecated. It will be removed in January 2013. Please use co
re.cpuid instead.
C:\Program Files\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\file.d(530): Error: und
efined identifier WIN32_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DATA

Which is exactly the same error I have on 32bit machine.

Curiouser and curiouser. In my case I had (re)built phobos/druntime so, suspecting it might be causing issues I download a fresh copy of the installer, moved my old installation folder and replaced it with the new one.

I still don't get any output/errors.

If I add --force to the command line given, I get the std.cpuid deprecation warning, but no other output.

I stripped my PATH right back to just about nothing and that made no difference.

Can you get the same errors running dmd directly? I can't seem to get it to output the deprecation message..