11/15/2012 5:20 PM, monarch_dodra пишет:
On Thursday, 15 November 2012 at 12:57:24 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
It's looking like this comes down to either banning ranges with transient
fronts entirely (and changing how ByLine and ByChunk work), or we're
going to
have to deal with quirks like array(map!"a.dup"(file.byLine())) not
working
whereas array(map!"a.idup"(file.byLine())) does work.

- Jonathan M Davis

I still say this could be "simply" solved the same way we solved the
"size_t" indexing problem: Only ranges that have non-transient elements
are guaranteed supported by phobos algorithms/functions.

Everything else: Use at your own risk.

Yeah! Let's introduce undefined behavior into the standard library!

Wrong type of index at least breaks at compile time.

--
Dmitry Olshansky