1) Is multidimensional slicing supported? I.e., does opSlice support notation like arr[1..2, 2..3]?

I expect this to be eventually added. It seems a purely additive change, and even natural.

Jonathan M Davis:

We could then do
releases even though something as massive as 64-bit Windows support was being worked on, because that work would be on a separate branch. But it seems that Walter has never worked that way before, and he's having a very hard time adjusting to it.

Walter is sometimes moving slowly, but unlike lot of other people he never stops moving forward. So I think similar branching will happen.

Bye,
bearophile