On Wednesday, 21 November 2012 at 22:47:02 UTC, Joshua Niehus wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 November 2012 at 18:42:55 UTC, Leandro Motta Barros wrote:
Well, this is actually a "talk proposal for someone else". I'd be the audience, not the speaker.

TITLE: D Programming in D (Or: Writing idiomatic D code)

+1

I'd like to add, maybe put some focus on "Range" oriented coding seeing as Phobos is full or ranges etc...

And how it simplifies code because of it. Several times I've written a small range struct which handle managing blocks of memory (and lots of low level arithmetic); This removes the need for multiple extra variables handling location and low level counting when all you want to worry about is each item.

Perhaps a talk on templates as well, when to use them, where to use them.

Actually something I'd like some time is a video concentrating on a particular part of the library where they explain why they set it up the way they did (arguments, examples) as well as how to use some of the more complex use cases. I can do one involving my primes range (as an example).

Hmmm a section also on when to use various key words (pure, @safe, nothrow, inout); Multiple times I've tried to add tags to better represent my functions only to have it break all over the place (because a nothrow calls something that's not a nothrow (but should/could be), 'to' is not pure, etc).

Concentrating on the ranges more, once the transient front part gets settled (and if it's allowed) a part on when to use it (and how to declare it).

 Perhaps a part on how to properly use D without involving the GC.

 Hmmm so many more things I could throw in...