On 11/22/2012 01:10 PM, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 November 2012 at 19:40:25 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
If you want to use this syntax with images, DMagick's ImageView might
be interesting:
http://dmagick.mikewey.eu/docs/ImageView.html

I like it :)
 From what I can see it provides exactly what i'm talking about for 2D.
I haven't looked at the implementation in detail, but do you think that
such an approach could be scaled up to arbitrary N-dimensional arrays?

Every dimension has it's own type, so it won't scale well to a lot of dimensions. When sliceing every dimension would create an temporary.

--
Mike Wey