On 2012-11-27 08:22, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
Nice idea, especially with the template to make things easier. Still it
looks ugly. Version identifiers and numbers (as well as debug
identifiers and numbers) serve a very good purpose (parametrizing
modules), but they're vastly incomplete. There's so much useful stuff
that could be done if module could have access to data of user defined
types. I think this is very close to the idea of UDAs. If UDAs become
mutable (which I think would be the most important feature of UDAs),
then the module declaration could also get mutable UDAs, which would
solve all problems. Don't you think? And version identifiers can be used
as described in Version.d, except they'll change the module UDAs instead
of defining a manifest constant.

Do you have any example of how you would like this to look like?

--
/Jacob Carlborg