On Wednesday, 28 November 2012 at 14:34:12 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 November 2012 at 13:15:26 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-11-28 13:41, Walter Bright wrote:

On the other hand, many people were unhappy with my position of "no breaking changes at all outside of clear bug fixes" to D1, which also implied "no language enhancements". There were many enhancements to the code generation, new platforms, etc., and many CTFE improvements (which I more or less regarded as bug fixing). There were also no changes
allowed that affected binary compatibility.

Please, please try and understand. It's not breaking changes in it self that is the problem. It's how they're handled.

Many people has also talked about something in between D1 and D2, D1.5 or similar. Which would contain bug fixes and new backwards compilable changes.

For what it's worth, I agree.
blah blah blah

sorry, I mean to edit out the bit about D1.5 in Jacob's post, not sure I fully understand what that would mean enough to agree with it