On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 18:55:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

I'm pretty sure it can't be done. For classes one need to bypass the constructor. The constructor is the only place where you can initialize const/immutable fields. For class instance one would need to cast it to a ubyte pointer (or similar) and then set the const/immutable fields that way.

I think it can be done safely, but not something the compiler can guarantee.

Only talking about structs here. classes were listed under issues not covered.

Thanks
Dan