On 12/10/2012 8:01 PM, Kapps wrote:
Right now, holding it off won't break any code not relying on an unreleased
version of the compiler. Releasing it, then having to make changes will break
code though. There were plenty of discussions about UDA stuff that never really
got fully resolved. For example, whether only specific types should be allowed
to be used as annotations. These things should have been fully decided before
UDA's were implemented, because otherwise we may end up with an inferior
approach for the sake of not breaking code, or breaking code because a feature
was not fully fleshed out before being released.

I agree there was not a consensus reached on this issue. But I also feel all the arguments were fairly represented, and it was time to make a decision.