On Friday, 14 December 2012 at 00:42:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
For 1., I would guess at most something like half an hour for a large codebase where the feature is used pervasively (you just keep editing/compiling until there are no more syntax errors), which is why I can't quite understand the fuzz you are making about keeping the feature. And even if they cannot switch right now, as the Remedy guys are obviously willing to use experimental compiler versions, can't they just use a patched version until they have made the switch?

Like any major user of a language, they want confidence in our full support of them. Asking them to use a patched or branch version of the compiler does not inspire confidence.

This is WHAT THEY ARE DOING ALREADY.