On 12/17/2012 2:08 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
I really loved the way Turbo Pascal units were made. I wish D go the same
route.  Object files would then be looked at as minimal and stupid variation of
module where symbols are identified by mangling (not plain meta data as (would
be) in module) and no source for templates is emitted.
+1

I'll bite. How is this superior to D's system? I have never used TP.

*Semantic info on interdependency of symbols in a source file is destroyed right
before the linker and thus each .obj file is included as a whole or not at all.
Thus all C run-times I've seen _sidestep_ this by writing each function in its
own file(!). Even this alone should have been a clear indication.

This is done using COMDATs in C++ and D today.