On 2013-01-08 17:12, Benjamin Thaut wrote:

So to give a little background about me. I'm currently doing my masters
degree in informatics which is focused on media related programming.
(E.g. games, applications with other visual output, mobile apps, etc).

Besides my studies I'm working at Havok, the biggest middle ware company
in the gaming industry. I'm working there since about a year. I also
have some contacts to people working at Crytek.

Impressive.

When D wants to get into the gaming space, there has to be a GC free
option. Otherwise D will not even be considered when programming
languages are evaluated.

It seems you already have done great progress in this area, with your fork of druntime and Phobos.

--
/Jacob Carlborg