On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 17:12:15 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
The new process introduces a new branch called staging. This is _not_ used as one would first think.

staging is created/updated _after_ release. This means a delay in changes in master (breaking changes/new additions) and release (a good thing). It also means that we have to do some awkward delaying to get some useful changes into staging so that it is different from this last release.

According to the wiki, this is not what is supposed to happen, staging should have existed prior to the version branch release:

version branches: Once we determine it's time to do a new release, a version branch is made by branching from the staging branch. A version branch will not receive any new features, only regression fixes. To determine to which version branch regression fixes should go, see #Regression fix. Version branches are used to support the version for an extended period of time to enable updated minor releases which fix regressions.

I think what you mean, is that the 2.061 release was done improperly, and that we need to find a solution to fix whatever problems are being caused by the improper release. Correct?

--rt