On Saturday, 7 January 2012 at 14:05:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-01-07 10:31, Trass3r wrote:
On 2012-01-06 21:51, Trass3r wrote:
The only proper solution is using something like clang to write a C++->D
converter.
First only headers, later source code.

I'm working on that, slowly.

btw, I wonder if it's all that good to do that as a clang fork.
You will merge upstream from time to time and their countless commits will clutter the history, so it becomes hard to find out what really
belongs to your tool.
Also it shouldn't be a modified clang executable with a new -rewrite option anyway. One doesn't want nor need a full compiler. no codegen, no
countless cmdline options (just some like -I etc.).

I'm rewriting it using the Clang C bindings, using Clang as a library. I'm just hoping I will be able to do all the things I need to do with the C bindings.

May I ask what is the status of this project? Manually writing
bindings is error-prone and no fun at all.