On 2013-01-21 18:37, F i L wrote:
So I've been thinking about this problem off and on for awhile, and I
think I have a rather simple solution. I highly doubt I'm the first to
think of it, but haven't found any info about a similar idea on the net.
So in the interest of science I'm posting it here so anyone interested
can attempt to poke holes in the idea, which you folks have been so good
at in the past.

Seems a bit like ARC (Automatic Reference Counting) that Clang has implemented for Objective-C (and some C libraries on Mac OS X). The compiler automatically inserts calls to "retain" and "release" where appropriate.

--
/Jacob Carlborg