Nick, Teoh, what exactly do you guys hope to accomplish with your current discussion? What if someone who comes from a dynamically typed language wants to check out D and reads that vitriolic crap the two of you are spewing? I'm sure they'll feel very welcome knowing that what appears to be the D community thinks their current language of choice (which may simply be because it is the only language they have gotten a chance to learn) is cancer and a plague, that they are a fool, a dumbass, not a real programmer, and are guaranteed to write garbage. They will turn around and never return. And they'd be right. Why would they want to become part of a community that actively hates and despises them?

Look, I get it, the two of you don't like dynamic typing. Neither do I. That is no absolutely excuse to bash dynamically typed languages and the people who use them. I expect D users can be divided into two groups: one with people that already prefer statically typed languages (in which case you are preaching to the choir), and one that consists of people who think both static- and dynamically typed languages have their uses (in which case they are probably well aware of the pros and cons and you are not going to convince them, but you will manage to leave the impression that they are not *really* welcome).

Take a moment to think about on the impression you are creating. If you really need a dynamic-typing-circlejerk every now and then, consider having it in private or in a context where it will not reflect badly on the D community.