On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 12:05:42 UTC, F i L wrote:
The issue you raise isn't really a problem though. If the memory gets rearranged then the runtime could inform the DynamicArray, and it, in turn, could reassign those refs to the new memory address.

Oh, of course. By the way, what exactly are those things pointed to by the refs member of DynamicArray? Are they references/pointers to reference variables, or something?

One thing I don't like this design is that even if I never make any ref variables that point to the elements of a certain DynamicArray arr, that arr still has to have the member data refs, and has to do some extra work inside func-=(item).