On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 19:50:23 UTC, eles wrote:
On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 16:48:21 UTC, Simen Kjaeraas wrote:
On 2013-37-25 17:01, eles <e...@eles.com> wrote:

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 08:35:01 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
But setting the hours field to 28 is natural? While I want all
properties to be safe nothrow pure, it is unlikely to be a good
idea to force this upon people.

I'm all for putting it in the style guide, though.

See this answer here: http://forum.dlang.org/post/mdhvjbjqryzjljzql...@forum.dlang.org

The problem is that programmers would start feeling like "it's better" to check every assignment for exceptions, in the case that the variable is latter converted into a throwing property.

I have no solution to that, though...

OOH, I feel it will lead to bad programming style. OTOH, I feel like masking a database interrogation behind a property will throw some exception sooner or later.

So, I am clueless.

You can easily wrap all of your functions in a try catch block that will act as a safety net and catch all potential Exception throws.

Unfortunately I don't know if there's a performance hit with wrapping up all functions in this way.

--rt