On 2013-01-25 22:20, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

That's right with the amendment that we're looking for a solution, not
pushing one. Even the title of the thread is a question.

Clearly properties are good to have. In an ideal world we wouldn't need
a keyword for them and we'd have some simple rules for determining
property status (especially when it comes to writes). If syntactic help
is necessary, so be it. We want to make the language better, not worse.

It's always possible to avoid keywords in favor of syntax. Example:

Declaring a getter:

int foo {}

Just as a regular function declaration but without the parentheses.

Declaring a setter:

void foo= (int value) {}

Append an equal sign to the function name.

--
/Jacob Carlborg