On Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 14:28:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:14:15 -0500, q66 <quake...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 00:54:54 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 03:05:37 -0500, q66 <quake...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 at 03:02:38 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 at 00:26:11 UTC, q66 wrote:
It deeply disturbs me that people even take the original post seriously.

Well, you may give some arguments instead of no, just no, to convince people.

It just gives another meaning to foo.bar, and ENFORCING camelCase by the language while lowercasing shit is just horrible. Anyone with a slightest trace of language design sense realizes that.

Apparently not the designers of objective-C.

-Steve

Not contradictory, Objective-C is not a well designed language :)

Now we're just name calling ;) I tend to think that for the most successful company in the business to standardize on it is a pretty good testimony to it being well designed. I certainly have grown fond of it, there are some really nice features in it. But truly, xcode has played a large role in making the language seem good.

As another option, what about changing my proposal so instead of setX, it's set_x, and then casing concerns are eliminated? I think C++.net does that.

-Steve

No, that is not a solution either. Any of these setBlah or set_blah or whatever are ugly hacks. There should be explicit property syntax. By explicit, I mean explicit - at least like C#'s get/set stuff (and I don't really like C# either).