On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 14:51:59 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
Perhaps I should create an requirements outline after reading the source:

This would be great!

I want to avoid getting in touch with any non-free compiler code as much as possible as Walter generally seems very conscious of licensing issues and I don't want to jeopardize the future of LDC. Otherwise, I'd have done the boring part (writing up the spec) myself long ago.

The general mechanics of response files are well understood, so a spec wouldn't have to describe that extensively. The interesting points are the details like handling of quotes, recursion, …

David