On Monday, 4 February 2013 at 04:00:28 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Monday, 4 February 2013 at 03:15:51 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:

And how often do you think you'll find yourself in the situation of needing to get a delegate from a property anyway? Can't we just make »@property getter expressions are always equivalent to their return value« a hard (simple!) rule and add something like __traits(propertyGetter, ...) for the rare cases where you really need to get hold of the underlying function?

David

I like this solution; it follows the Principle of Least Surprise
quite well. The syntax may be a bit longer, but it's immediately
obvious even to a beginning/intermediate D user what's going on
without having to worry about too many nuances.