On Thursday, 7 February 2013 at 07:41:57 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
Am Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:45:51 +0100
schrieb Robert <jfanati...@gmx.at>:

What happened to the scope storage class for parameters.

Wouldn't this solve the problems, with the simple rule that you are not allowed to pass transient objects by reference if the parameter
was not declared with scope? And if I understood correctly, the
compiler is already capable of locally ensuring that the address does not escape (to ensure the scope requirement), so we are all set?

This is an important question. How would this new proposal interact with
scope parameters?

scope in not enough, as you can alias parameters (for instance swap).