On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 2/6/13 3:02 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
Also the DIP argues that addressOf solves the @property issue w.r.t. return values. I've proposed we use an .addressOf property which only works on @property functions, and I saw no arguments against it.

There aren't, but a library approach is better than a magic work, all other things being equal.

Andrei

struct S
{
  @property int var();
  @property void var(int);
}

The .addressOf property gave me the idea of solving the getter/setter issue, by having two properties...

var.getter
var.setter

maybe it could be added to your library approach though?