On Friday, 8 February 2013 at 16:20:14 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
Am Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:05:32 +0100
schrieb "deadalnix" <deadal...@gmail.com>:

As of regression bugs ? It is unclear what they are (as by definition, the proposed process make no sense to fix regressions).

Maybe the definition should be made clearer. The main idea is to never
introduce new bugs in maintenance releases. In the end the
contributor / release manager makes the judgement call.

We are far away from having a release manager. And it doesn't make things clearer on subject. You basically avoided giving any answer to that question by saying someone else should decide.

To me a regression is a bug that exist in version N+1 but doesn't in version N. I though this definition was widespread, but apparently it isn't as the described process make no sense in case of regression.