On Sunday, 17 February 2013 at 03:26:13 UTC, js.mdnq wrote:
Would it ever be possible to compile D source directly to java to take advantage of what java offers. (e.g., the ability to run d code inside a browser)

I'm not talking about necessarily fully fledged functionality(obviously stuff like asm isn't going to work) but basically the ability to use D's syntax and some of it's compiler features(mixins, templates, etc).

depends on what you mean with "run inside a browser", I would use NaCl instead, if I wanted to run D in a browser, but of course it requires Chrome.

http://code.google.com/p/nativeclient/