On Tue, 19 May 2009 08:56:59 +1200, BCS <a...@pathlink.com> wrote:

VS/MS/etc is a for profit ecosystem. They assume that your system and software is paid for by your boss and he's spending 10-20 time that much on your paycheck so who cares. At least that's the impression I get.

I think vs express editions that can be used to make great software, sell the software and not pay MS a single cent is very generous of them and the .net cil is a genious idea. The most succefull compilers are the ones that recognize that there is multiple languages, multiple archictectures and that there should be something in the middle. CIL just leaves it in the middle code until the last minute. MS may not do the best operating systems but the whole .net thing is very good in my opinion and I think sun is better for there solaris than there java.