On Thursday, 28 February 2013 at 07:34:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
[...]
Long term goal:

When the translation is done we should refactor the compiler/front end to be a library, usable by other tools.

Yes that would be awesome. It can make the exact same tool at least 10x more useful and versatile.

I'm a big fan of tools that allow plugins, so I would also like to see parts of the compiler be written as loadable plugins that can be swapped in/out with different versions, and also to allow the tool set to be extensible by anyone.

--rt