While working on a project, I've started to realize that I miss streams. If someone's not already working on bringing std.stream up to snuff, I think that we should start thinking about to do that. Of course, with ranges being so popular (with very good reason), the new stream interface would probably just be a range wrapper around a file; in fact, a decent amount of functionality could be implemented by just adding a byChars range to the standard File struct and leaving the parsing functionality to std.conv.parse. Of course, there's no reason to stop there; we could also add socket streams, compressed streams, and just about any other type of stream, all without an especially large amount of effort. Unless someone already wants to tackle the project (or has already started), I'd be willing to work out at least a basic design and implementation.