06-Mar-2013 21:00, Steven Schveighoffer пишет:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 11:45:54 -0500, Steven Schveighoffer
<schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

a while ago (2008 or 09 I believe?), I was using Tango's Process
object to execute programs on a remote agent, and forwarding all the
resulting data back over the network.  On Linux, I used select to read
data as it arrived.  On Windows, I think I had to spawn off a separate
thread to wait for data/child processes.

More coming back to me now -- Windows pipes actually suck quite a bit.
You can't use the normal mechanisms to wait for data on them.

I also needed to spawn threads so I could combine the event-driven wait
for socket data from the remote instance with the data from the pipes.
I seem to remember opening a socket to my own process in order to do this.

There is async read/write on pipes.
Though no wait on pipes does suck.

-Steve

--