On Wednesday, 6 March 2013 at 02:26:43 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2013 at 00:25:30 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
My preference would be to completely replace the back-end with LLVM. Why LLVM?

I would _really_ like to see this, personally. I kind of doubt it
would happen, but I can dream...

Not just for the reasons you listed, but because it would
potentially enable the compiler to use LLVM's JIT/interpreter to
perform CTFE at much higher speeds. There's been several things
I've wanted to do at compile time that I simply could not because
CTFE is rather expensive, especially memory-wise, with DMD.

Furthermore, it would also allow some other pretty unique
features... For instance, Emscripten
(https://github.com/kripken/emscripten) could be used to enable
people to write JS code in D (which might be a pretty cool bonus
for the vibe.d project).

It hasn't been updated in awhile but Adam D. Ruppe made a D to JavaScript compiler.

https://github.com/adamdruppe/dtojs