On Sunday, 24 March 2013 at 12:22:37 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Sunday, 24 March 2013 at 11:49:17 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 3/24/13 7:32 AM, deadalnix wrote:
I finally decided to write a post about such imaginary "sufficiently smart compilers" that clearly don't exists today, never will and so we
have to clutter the language :
http://www.deadalnix.me/2013/03/23/a-story-about-optimization-llvm-and-the-sentinelinputrange/

I really hope that someone wrote this imaginary LLVM thing everybody is
talking about !

Looking great (also love the page design). The piece has a few systematic English language errors that should be easy to fix. Would you want to accept a copyedit step from a native speaker, and if so, is anyone here inclined to do that?

I'd be happy to, if someone want to do it.

I copied and pasted in to libreoffice for editing: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/910836/sentinal.odt or http://dl.dropbox.com/u/910836/sentinal.doc

There are 2 comments from me, they are in [] and highlighted in yellow. You'll probably want to address them and then delete them.

There were a lot of grammatical mistakes that have now been fixed and a couple of sentences have been rearranged. I had planned to work as Andrei suggested with "before -> after" but I quickly realised the edit file would be longer than the document!

P.S.
I may have accidentally introduced some British English by accident, perhaps a native American English speaker will spot them.