On Thu, 21 May 2009 17:40:27 -0400, Jason House <jason.james.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:

So what I think we may need is a different range primitive:

An iterable range defines: (name to be decided)

bool empty()
T popNext()

An input range is an iterable range that also defines:

T front();
popFront();

This is exactly like what Andrei posted as his design.

Your iterable range = Andrei's input range
Your input range = Andrei's forward range

If that's true, then I apologize, I was looking at the current docs, and Andrei's post about having some sort of "save" method. The current docs definitely are not the same as what I proposed.

And in any case, my proposal requires a change to the compiler for foreach. I haven't seen that talked about yet. If that's in the works, then that's cool. As I've said before, I don't need credit, I just like to have the ideas knocked around.

-Steve