On 4/2/13 7:59 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
02-Apr-2013 15:35, Andrei Alexandrescu пишет:
On 4/2/13 7:24 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
You might want to add Visitor pattern to Exceptions but it's darn messy
to deal with and is an overkill most of the time.

Actually I think that's a good thing to do.

Why would be that? It doesn't solve the key problem of "try clause plus
a ton of semi-identical catches" used just to perform a mapping of X
handlers to Y subsets of errors. Plus visitor does the same dispatch
that is already addressed by exception handlers (or partly so).

Visitor allows centralized and flexible handling of exceptions.

If somebody comes up with a reasonable Visitor pattern for Exceptions
that is flexible and fast then sure let's see it. I just doubt it'll
help anything on its own in any case.

Well I think exceptions + factory + visitor is quite the connection.