On Wednesday, 3 April 2013 at 08:40:52 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 April 2013 at 20:11:31 UTC, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
Phobos/druntime devs can always add to the enums. Users still have the option of subclassing if strictly necessary.

This is fundamentally incompatible with :

I'm not sure I agree with that rule. And anyway, D's final switch mitigate some of the problems with classic switch.

As adding an entry unto the enum will break every single final switch in user code.

I don't see the incompatibility. This is exactly the purpose of final switch. If the user didn't want to be forced to handle a new error category, they'd use normal switch instead.

You have yet to specify the problems with switch in OOP. Maybe you meant something else, that final switch doesn't solve?

Lars