On Friday, 5 April 2013 at 11:29:20 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 4/5/13, Vladimir Panteleev <vladi...@thecybershadow.net> wrote:
I think -r is redundant, and should be the default action if only
one module is given on DMD's command line. I can't think of
plausible situations where this could be a problem.

$ dmd main.d foo.obj

If main has imports to 'foo', how will DMD know whether or not to
compile foo.d or just link with foo.obj?

By checking if foo.obj is outdated in regards to foo.d

Turbo Pascal was doing this, so it shouldn't be too hard.

On the other hand it was using a modern linker, not one with UNIX compatible semantics.

--
Paulo