On Sat, 23 May 2009 22:20:14 +0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

* std.socket, std.socketstream: We need a real networking library.
  what would it do on top of what that does?

I haven't studied it, but Walter said he doesn't like it and I trust him. Anyhow, we'd need to create at least full range integration and support for protocols such as http, ftp, ssh, and imap. Today's languages load a webpage in one line, and that's great so we need to do that. It's even better to be able to process the webpage while it's loading (concurrency!), so we want to do that as well.

Andrei

We wrote a networking library with a unique modern flexible design.

It was initially written in C++, but I'm slowly porting it to D2 (it's already
usable and I wrote a few applications with it by now).

If anyone is interested, I may contribute it to Phobos. Its design overview
(very short one) is attached for those who are interested.