On 4/10/2013 12:43 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
Generally it does not, but is it actually not full of holes in this case? Can
you give a short wrap-up of what the original language design is for type
checking delegate context pointers? We can only guess, because it is not
specified and much of what DMD does there is obviously buggy. In the end, we'll
be left with three compiler front ends that implement three distinct competing
designs.

Clearly, delegates should not be able to break purity, const, shared, etc. Any setup that allows that is broken.