On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 16:25:03 UTC, ixid wrote:
The forum has a number of issues, is there anything practical that can be done to address them? A forum should really work.

You can collect more information about the issues you're experiencing, and file an issue, or even better, send a pull request to the forum's GitHub repository:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed

Regular forum errors (XHR error)
Posts disappearing after getting stuck in a waiting for message response loop

I have not experienced these issues. The next time it happens, please make a note of the exact time and the post you're attempting to send, and file an issue or contact me directly.

Broken up threads with the same title

The core issue is caused by Mailman rewriting Message-IDs. I know how to implement a workaround, but it requires reengineering the database (I need to store two IDs for each message, and account for both when reconstructing threads). This is planned for the next major update.

Often has layout errors when loading that require a refresh

Which web browser? If the HTML doesn't change (and I don't know why it would), it sounds like a bug with your browser's layout engine.

Works poorly/buggily on mobile browers (Android Stock/Android Chrome)

Please list some specific issues. Note that there is a limit to the post width, since many mail/news clients send text in a non-reflowable (pre-wrapped) format.

Also the user habit due to the combined use of the forum as an email discussion and as a website forum of repeating the whole of a post, often to respond with a one-liner. Posts without the whole email/context repeated receive complaints that people do not know what it is in response to.

I'll implement some warnings when a user attempts to post a message not conforming to netiquette.