On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 10:39:20 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 09:54:30 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 11 April 2013 17:57, Paulo Pinto <pj...@progtools.org> wrote:

Am 11.04.2013 17:20, schrieb John Colvin:

On Thursday, 11 April 2013 at 15:15:09 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

On 4/11/13, Jonas Drewsen <nospam4...@hotmail.com> wrote:

By "I think that would be the way to go" I did not necessary
refer to having both formats supported at the same time but
simply to use the standard way that people know.

Unix != universal standard.

Next best thing.

Actually I would like to know how the desktop world would look like
had Apple bought BeOS instead.

This would mean no UNIX on the desktop, assuming Apple would have
won a similar market as of today.

--
Paulo

Linux would have still taken off... and UNIX would still be relevant on the
server market.  :)

Not to mention supercomputers. There's a reason why they use(d) UNIX and linux and it's not because of apple.

Sure but I was speaking about the home market, not the server market.

Then people would need to bash both Apple and Microsoft for not being UNIX like.

Although I like UNIX architecture, it is not the be all end all of operating system architecture.

I was lucky enough to play with various OS so far.

--
Paulo