On 2013-04-18 19:04, Walter Bright wrote:

It's far too dangerous to commute by bike in Seattle. The streets are
winding and narrow. I tried it briefly, but it wasn't worth it.

I would say that what's making the traffic dangerous here in Stockholm is the biker. It's very often they don't care about the traffic rules and laws. They running red lights, they run up on the sidewalk to cut corners and avoid red lights. In Sweden, by law, vehicles have to stop for pedestrians about to cross a crosswalk without lights. I have never in my life seen a bike do that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg