On Tuesday, 16 April 2013 at 15:22:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
There's a discussion that may be of interest to the larger community: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1877

Andrei

I just want to say I'm pretty gung-ho about the idea of attribute inference. If the interface files are blown up to their full explicit attributes, then the big problem of the PIMPL idiom could be solved, with modular programs getting all the info they need and the original source code still quite trim and easy to write. In the discussion of the possible uses of the 'scope' parameter attribute, and 'ref' safety in general, there's a lot of subtleties. One solution to the subtleties is additional attributes, which might be cumbersome to write individually, but easier if inference were on the table.