On 4/23/13 1:53 PM, Dicebot wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 17:15:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
DIP36 should be closed. We must focus on making ref safe and on making
auto ref work with non-templates.

It is marked as such already, since the very moment you have stated your
opinion.

I'd feel uncomfortable wielding this much power. I don't think this DIP was ready for a formal review (hence there should be no rejecting it yet), but there has been good discussion and experimental implementation as well. I suggest we keep it in draft format. If our attempts at working on ref/auto ref fail, we should revisit this.